Impulse by Ellen Hopkins is a book that will make you want to read it twice.
You’ll want to read it the first time because it’s an incredible story, but then you’ll want to read it again because of how Ellen Hopkins uses language in the book. She uses words in ways that are fresh and surprising, and her descriptions are so vivid—you can’t help but feel like you’re right there with the characters as they experience their lives.
The best part about reading Impulse? You’ll come away with both an appreciation for Hopkins’ writing style and a better understanding of how complex life really is!
Get the Book
Watch the October Book Club Recap Video
Book Club Discussion Points
Join the Book Club
- 5 Gifts for Men That Will Actually Make Him Happy
- 6 Beauty Tips and Tricks To Live By
- Mommy Chronicles: A Step-By-Step Guide For Moms To Achieve Work-Life Balance
- How to Move Without Losing Your Mind
- The Not So Subtle Art of Being A Fat Girl: Loving the Skin You’re In by Tess Holliday | February Book Club Recap