You’ve probably spent the last couple of months preparing for this moment. Your baby is turning one, and you’ve decided that the time has finally come to have the party of all parties. You’re going to make sure this is the best birthday party your little one has ever had—and if you’re anything like my hubby and me, you’re probably feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the details. But don’t worry! I’m here to help.
5 Ways to Make Your Kid’s First Birthday Party Unforgettable
Five Ways to Create the Perfect Celebration
1. Make it an event that parents will get as excited about as kids—as much as this is a kids’ party, some of the best parts of the day will be the interactions between parents and their kids. If you can, plan activities that bring everyone together and don’t require any special skills (like food prep or difficult crafts).
2. Make sure there are plenty of snacks and drinks available so everyone stays happy and hydrated throughout the party (and maybe even afterward).
3. Ensure there’s plenty of space for guests! If you’re planning a large party, make sure there’s plenty of space for everyone who came—especially if you’re going to have children running around! It’s also important that the space has enough seating so everyone can sit down comfortably while eating their snacks and treats without getting crumbs all over the floor (or worse). If your little ones are fans of animals, check out your local zoo. KJ loved having his first birthday party at the Phoenix Zoo.
4. Prioritize everyone gets some good pictures taken of them, so they can remember this day forever (or at least until your baby’s next birthday).
5. And most importantly: enjoy it! You’ve been probably thinking about this party since before your kid was born, so don’t get too caught up in the details, or else you won’t enjoy yourself as much as you should!